Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 27th - Visit #4

Visit #4 was a day spent with my husband, Alan.  Of all of my relationships, Alan knows the good and bad of me more than anyone. We are rapidly approaching year 25 and this year I will have spent more of my life married than single. After my first three visits, I knew that Alan needed to be my next visit. Spending time with Billy Faye on my first visit and seeing her 50+ year relationship with Harold, plus seeing how my aunt and uncle have influenced each other and created an amazing family, led me to evaluate my own family.

We spent the day in downtown Dallas eating and visiting.  Our first stop was The Dallas Farmer's Market and BBQ at Pecan Lodge - most amazing brisket ever! We strolled the Farmer's Market and got some great fruit and veggies for the week. We then went to the Klyde Warren Park in Downtown Dallas. It was full of people enjoying a beautiful day. I love that we both enjoy many of the same things - watching sports, reading, going to concerts, traveling, spending time with our family...

Our visit consisted of where we have been and where we hope to go with our lives and our family. Chris is graduating from high school in about 6 weeks and our lives will be changing. Andrew is not far behind Chris and before you know it, we will have an empty nest. We are beginning the talk of retirement and what the future holds. It is hard for me to believe that time has passed SO fast! Many times we are so busy, we don't take the time to really stop and talk about things that are going on, things we believe or things that are bothering us. We get so caught up in every day life and don't stop to check in with each other on a deeper level. We both decided we need to do days like this more often.

I am so thankful that Alan is supportive of my many adventures in life. I am very independent and I know it takes a very special person to put up with my sometimes crazy ideas. I feel like I can do anything I can dream with 100% backing from him. Neither one of us are perfect but I feel like I have a partner for life. It feels wonderful to know how much support I have from him!!

1 comment:

  1. The best is yet to come! What a blessing to have Alan at your side!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete