Saturday, August 31, 2013

August 31st - Visit #8



Visit #8 was with son #2, Andrew. We went on a dinner date, with him driving, to one of his favorite places, Olive Garden. Andrew felt pressure to say something spectacular because he wanted me to have something “good” to write about. Once again these visits are just to show the people in my life how they inspire me to be my best.  I am determined to slow down the life roller coaster and let people become my focus.  Andrew inspires me because of his character, his wonderful caring heart, his amazing creativity and his passion for all he is involved in. I have never met someone who is more interested in learning about and mastering more things than Andrew. Once he is interested in something, it becomes his total passion until he masters it. His current passion is music which he comes by very naturally. He can play clarinet, all saxophones, electric and upright bass and is working on piano. His talent amazes me! He is also very interested in driving. He recently got his learners permit and wants to drive all of the time. He is a very good driver which makes this desire easier on me.

Andrew has many of my personality traits which is both good and bad. You hope your children only take the good but they are definitely a product of their genes and environment. He is a driven introvert who tends to internalize things and is very independent. After living that life for almost 50 years, I know how hard this can be. We had a very good talk about life and how our families, specifically our parents influence who we are and who we become. I think everyone has hang-ups and baggage to deal with because of parents. I just hope his skeletons and demons are not too much to bear and overcome.

We also spent time talking about the life of a current teenager and how exposure to things at school is at times, unbelievable. He and Chris have had to deal with things that were not a part of my high school experience. Technology has changed things and sometimes not for the good! I question how this generation is going to be effected by the things they are exposed to.

Andrew is a wonderful young man and I am very proud to be called his mom. I know he will do amazing things with his life!

No comments:

Post a Comment